Position Announcement: Human Resources Intern
The Human Resources Department in the New York headquarters of The Synergos Institute is seeking an undergraduate/graduate intern. The intern will assist the department of a wide range of activities and projects related to staff training and development, recruitment, HR compliance, employee engagement and standard HR transactional functions.
This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills acquired in school related to particular interest and gain a better understanding of HR in an international non-profit setting.
Depending on their interests and background, Human Resources interns may obtain skills and experience in:
- Event logistics
- Research and HR trends
- Implementation of projects
- HRIS systems with PTO elements
- Performs general research and analysis on special Human Resources projects
- Assist in crafting new initiatives and plans pertaining to the organization wide cultural or strategical goals
- Help initiate staff moral programs, activities, and events along with handling logistics
- Contribute to the development and clean-up of the SharePoint intranet pages for the organization
- Assist in pre-screening of resumes for vacant positions
- Work closely with the Senior Coordinator to ensure on going projects are in order
- Provide general administrative assistance when necessary
- Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate program with an interest in Human Resources, or non-profit management/administrative fields
- Some knowledge of current trends and practices of human resource administration and basic understanding of training and development, compensation and recruitment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook); knowledge of SharePoint a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to details
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to completion
- 15-20 hours per week, but would welcome more.
We offer a travel stipend for this internship.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please.