Position Announcement: Intern, Global Philanthropists Circle
Who we are
The Global Philanthropists Circle is a community of over 400 philanthropists and social investors from more than 30 countries. Members exchange ideas to better understand poverty-related issues, share the successes and challenges of their philanthropic experience, and inspire one another as leading global changemakers. The GPC is a safe space where members seek and give input on difficult choices and complex questions. Many members say that meaningful connections are the most valued aspect of their participation in the network.
To provide integral support to the Managing Director, Philanthropy and Global Philanthropists Circle by:
- Conducting research on issues related to Synergos Global Philanthropists Circle.
- Assisting with administrative tasks as directed by the Managing Director.
- Support other GPC team tasks where necessary including prospect research and data entry for the membership database.
- Attend team meetings via zoom.
- Be an active participant in the overall work of Synergos.
The intern must be able to tackle tasks with minimal supervision.
- Graduate-level student studying international affairs, public policy, non-profit management or related field
- Superior research skills
- Outstanding ability to categorize, organize, and present research
- Fluency in English
- Interest and commitment to international development, poverty alleviation, or non-profit management
- 15-25 hours per week, but would welcome more.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please.
The Synergos Institute is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to the development of sustainable systems changes that impact global poverty. Working with partners, Synergos helps leaders, institutions and partnerships work more effectively to reduce poverty and increase equity around the world. During its 25-year history, Synergos has built and supported networks of change makers and supported innovative global partnerships in more than 30 countries and regions. To promote and support these systems-changing collaborations, Synergos’s networks help leaders and leading institutions learn from each other and access the ideas, people and resources that can help them make a greater impact in addressing issues of poverty, equity and social justice.