Position Announcement: Executive Office Intern (Undergraduate or Graduate)
Synergos is a global organization helping solve complex issues around the world by advancing bridging leadership, which builds trust and collective action. We believe in the power of building trust. It’s how we help people and organizations work together to achieve lasting change on issues that matter to them. Over the course of more than 30 years, Synergos has supported innovative initiatives in more than 30 countries and regions. We have staff and representatives in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Latin America, and the United States.
The Executive Office seeks an intern with a time commitment of 15-20 hours per week. The Executive Office intern will interact with Global staff and interns from other departments and is welcome to participate broadly in Synergos activities and meetings with external guests. S/He will manage coordination efforts within the Executive Office by collaborating across the organization to coordinate activities and follow through on assignments emanating from the Executive Office and the Executive Team.
At the end of the internship an intricate understanding of non-profit management will be gained through observation and contribution to daily operations of an international non-profit organization as well as strengthening of strategy, operations and administration skills.
The Internship Program is an unpaid training opportunity designed to encourage professional and personal development. We encourage innovative and collaborative talents who can bring new and fresh perspectives as the organization undergoes major transformation.
For qualified candidates we offer a unique learning experience, exposure to complexities involved in running a dynamic international development agency, relaxed and professional work environment and flexible hours.
Please note that reimbursement for public transportation costs will be provided.
To provide integral support to the Executive Office:
- Work alongside the Executive Advisor
- Assist with the administration of the Executive Office and Board Relations
- Assist with the preparations of the Board of Directors Meetings and Committee Meetings
- Conduct research and take notes at various meetings
- Monitor and track internal work flows
- Collaborate with different teams on projects and ongoing initiatives
- University student, undergraduate or graduate, interested in international affairs, philanthropy, public policy, poverty alleviation, nonprofit administration and management, or related fields.
- Committed to Synergos’ mission and values.
- Strong research, organization and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Independent, proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English; other languages are a bonus.
- Experienced in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, On-line Calendar Management.
Terms of Internship
- This internship is based in New York City and is open to students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- For qualified candidates, we offer a unique learning experience with a global team with staff in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, exposure to global philanthropists and social investors, relaxed and professional work environment and flexible hours.
- Expected start date is August 15, 2019. Times are flexible but a commitment of at least 3 months is expected as a minimum. Open to longer periods of internship.
Please send a cover letter and resume with a subject line “Executive Office Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org.