Position Announcement: Bridging Leadership Intern (Undergraduate)
Bridging leadership is the capacity to build trust and tap the fullest contributions of diverse stakeholders, helping them come together across divides and work as partners.
The Synergos approach is to cultivate bridging leadership: the ability to build trust.
Bridging leadership is a style of leadership practiced by both individuals and organizations that is effective for building trust and collaboration among diverse stakeholders to address systemic challenges. It requires inner work to increase self-awareness, skills for social issue analysis such as systems thinking, and a high capacity for collaboration.
For 30 years Synergos has both integrated bridging leadership into all of its programs, and helped train others to use and to teach bridging leadership skills.
Synergos offers bridging leadership training that takes the participant through a series of interconnected steps, beginning with ownership and personal mastery of the issues to the creation of a collective vision and joint action to overcome obstacles and challenges. This process develops and enhances the capacity of leaders to be more resilient, think systemically and proactively collaborate.
To provide integral support to the Bridging Leadership (BL) program by:
- Completing research projects on BL projects and initiatives, developing research decks, presenting analysis and findings to the BL Manager and Managing Director
- Assisting with the administration of day to day program activities
- Collecting and entering research and data for the internal organization database
- Creating content for social media channels and other communications materials
- College student interested in international affairs, philanthropy, public policy, poverty alleviation, social justice, nonprofit management, or related fields.
- Committed to Synergos’ mission and values.
- Strong research, organization and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Independent, proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English; other languages are helpful to research prospects from specific countries, but not required.
- Experienced in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Outstanding social media skills; experience with social media analytics tools preferred, but not required.
Terms of Internship
- This internship is based in New York City and is open to students currently enrolled in an undergraduate program.
- For qualified candidates we offer a unique learning experience with a global team with staff in Africa, Europe, Middle East, Asia, and the Americas
- Relaxed and professional work environment and flexible hours.
- Times are flexible but a commitment of at least 6 months is expected. Longer periods are possible. Please note that this internship is unpaid, but reimbursement for public transportation costs will be provided.
Please send a cover letter and resume with a subject line “Application BL Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Synergos Institute is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to the development of sustainable systems changes that impact global poverty. Working with partners, Synergos helps leaders, institutions and partnerships work more effectively to reduce poverty and increase equity around the world. During its 25-year history, Synergos has built and supported networks of change makers and supported innovative global partnerships in more than 30 countries and regions. To promote and support these systems-changing collaborations, Synergos’s networks help leaders and leading institutions learn from each other and access the ideas, people and resources that can help them make a greater impact in addressing issues of poverty, equity and social justice.