Senior Manager, Philanthropy Programs
Senior Manager, Philanthropy Programs
Synergos is a 35 year-old global nonprofit organization solving complex issues around the world by advancing Bridging Leadership, a style of leadership which builds trust and collective action. Collaboration releases more and better solutions than working alone, so together with partners in more than 30 countries, Synergos focuses on transforming how people across sectors and divides come together, develop deeper understanding, create shared vision, and take collective action to solve deeply entrenched societal problems.
Bridging Leadership represents a paradigm shift in leadership: a movement away from hierarchy, control, and fear toward more inclusive forms of problem-solving; from a world in which power is monopolized to one in which power is shared, enabling more effective interventions and longer-lasting impact. With changes wrought by the pandemic, social justice movements and distrust of authority, we believe now is the time when our model can bring about sustained change.
Purpose of the Role
The Global Philanthropists Circle (GPC) was founded in 2001 by Synergos Founder Peggy Dulany and her late father David Rockefeller, Sr. as a global network for leading philanthropic individuals and families to collaborate with and learn from their peers. GPC members share Synergos’ commitment to create a more just, equitable, peaceful, and regenerative world. Leading with inner work, we nurture a deep trust among our members and cultivate a brave space to share challenges and shift perspectives as the role of philanthropy continues to transform.
Synergos seeks a dynamic and collaborative Senior Manager, Philanthropy Programs to join the Philanthropy team and provide leadership in creating, developing, and implementing strategic Philanthropy programming and high-quality global events which will range from retreat experiences including in-person and virtual experiences, hosted dinners and workshops in line with the GPC strategy to drive member engagement, and support membership growth. This position is a full-time role reporting to the Senior Director, Philanthropy.
The ideal candidate for this role is a creative thinker who can work independently, collaborate readily as part of a diverse team, has the ability to manage multiple events and people simultaneously, and performs well in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for someone who is comfortable with ambiguity, can pivot, work in an agile way and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail with an overall commitment to excellence. The position requires an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to recognize opportunities to further the organization’s mission.
This position will be fully remote and will require travel. Preferred locations for this role are US and Europe.
Core Job Responsibilities
As Senior Manager, Philanthropy Programs, you will work in collaboration with the GPC team to create and develop a strategic plan for GPC events to serve a global membership, implement and manage the programs across GPC, drive central planning and coordinate the distributed global team to drive membership engagement and strengthen network-building initiatives for current and prospective members, and:
- Create a strategic plan for GPC events to serve a global membership network
- Develop and set clear objectives and goals for GPC programming
- Establish and manage a strategic plan for our Collaborative Communities programming, including their expansion and ensuring the program is aligned with donor commitments
- Lead and key owner of the content and programming for our annual members’ meetings and global events
- Lead and manage program reviews across GPC by working with GPC team members and leadership across regions and countries to identify, clarify and prioritize key regional offerings, potential programming improvements as part of strategic planning
- Work closely with GPC members and other stakeholders on associated activities including digital and in-person meetings, trips, workshops, events, and other engagement opportunities globally
- Build and manage program operations calendar across all regions and locations
- Understand the philanthropic landscape including new developments and social change best-practices, trends as well as our membership network’s interests and needs to curate relevant, attractive events, workshops and gatherings
- Contribute to the marketing and promotion of our GPC offerings and events
- Gather feedback and surveys to assess the impact of our events with an eye to improve the offerings
- Create innovative and new ideas to serve members through our programming and offerings
- Facilitate knowledge sharing across programs as part of our Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
- Manage the global philanthropy programming and events budget
- Build visibility for Synergos and the GPC, representing the network at external philanthropy meetings and cultivating relationships in the space
- Support and contribute to activities throughout the organization to support the implementation of GPC and organizational strategy on Bridging Leadership
- At least 6-8 years of progressive experience, preferably in philanthropy or non-profit sector related to social impact work
- Strategic thinker with experience in the field of philanthropy, with a strong understanding and perspective on current opportunities and challenges in the field
- Action oriented with a high level of initiative and a superior level of proficiency in the ability to multi-task and prioritize; manage time, perform project management, problem-solving, and organizational skills with flexibility to adapt and respond to shifting priorities.
- Strong ability to collaborate, partner and work with various stakeholders from varied backgrounds
- Experience developing, leading, and implementing a portfolio of projects with defined objectives, deliverables, monitoring and evaluation of results
- Experience in developing and managing budgets
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills with strong active listening skills, excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated experience facilitating programs and / or workshops with diverse stakeholders
- Experience with CRM and project management tools and systems with openness to learn and/or use new and multiple technology platforms (such as Teams, Monday.com)
- Comfort working in a global organization with remote team members in different time zones
- Attentive to detail and a team player
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion values and practices
- Fluency in any European language desired
TravelInternational Travel is required
The salary range for this role is $65K-$75K with an excellent benefits package
Why You Should Work at Synergos
- We’re driven by purpose. We’re a values-driven organization that’s laser-focused on improving lives around the world by building trust.
- We value you. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- We’re a dynamic community. You’ll work with diverse, dedicated, compassionate staff and innovative global networks of trust-builders.
COVID 19 Considerations
We value the safety of each staff member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. We require our staff members and key consultants to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted.
Synergos is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex (including gender identity, nonconformity, presentation or expression), sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.