Social Justice and Inclusive Partnerships: A Reflection
By Barry Smith | September 2007 | View Full Text
This paper, prepared for the Synergos Senior Fellows 2007 Annual Global Meeting, examines the meaning of social justice, which includes:
- Redress of structural injustices
- Empowering marginalized groups to advocate and defend their interests.
It then examines how incluvice partnerships can support the quest for social justice, pointing out that:
- The poor must have a significant role in determining their future
- Systemic change requires that the poor work in meaningful partnerships with other citizens, institutions and sectors
- Inclusive partnerships must address the root causes of poverty.
Partnership & Collaboration | Partnerships -- Overview | Philanthropic Actors & Issues | Social Justice & Community Development