Synergos in Africa
Synergos has country and regional programs in Southern Africa, the Middle East and North Africa, Ethiopia, and Nigeria, as well as members of our global networks from a dozen countries on the continent.
Synergos works to solve the complex problems of poverty and inequality in Africa by strengthening collaborative leadership and supporting partnerships that promote equitable access to basic human rights and services. Our programs:
- Reduce the isolation and deepen the social connectedness of children and their caregivers in Mozambique and South Africa
- Improve the health and nutrition of women and children in Namibia
- Strengthening capacity to transform agriculture in Ethiopia and Nigeria
- Support social entrepreneurs and their innovations in North Africa and the Middle East
- Strengthen the capacity of civil society leaders and philanthropists to change the systems that keep people in poverty.
With staff and representatives in Johannesburg, Windhoek, Cairo, and Addis Ababa, Synergos’ networks and activities reach across diverse regions of Africa.