Our Mission, Vision, & Values
Synergos and its partners mobilize resources and bridge social and economic divides to reduce poverty and increase equity around the world.
Synergos is working to create a more just and equitable global society in which all individuals, families and communities have a meaningful opportunity to improve the quality of their lives for themselves and future generations.
In Brazil, Synergos Senior Fellow Beatriz Azeredo’s organization, Instituto Desiderata, supports programs to benefit children and families in poor communities (Instituto Desiderata photo)
We believe that those who are poor should have access to basic health care, nutrition, education, housing and opportunities for economic betterment. They should also be able to exercise fully their rights as citizens, influence public policies and have equitable access to the use of public resources.
We believe that global poverty can only be addressed successfully when all members of a society are treated with dignity and respect, regardless of background, beliefs, personal characteristics or status.
We also believe that poor and marginalized communities must have a significant role in determining their own future development and that needed systemic change can only occur when they can work in meaningful partnership with other citizens, institutions and sectors.
To advance this vision, Synergos works to inspire, build and support inclusive partnerships that address the systemic causes of poverty and inequity.
- Solving problems by addressing their root causes and advancing systemic and sustainable change
- Promoting fair access to resources and equality of opportunities
- Achieving better results through inclusion, participation and partnership
- Embracing diversity and connecting people across boundaries
- Being open to new and differing opinions
- Creating breakthroughs by trying new things
- Supporting continuous learning to improve performance
- Being honest, transparent and accountable
- Consistently honoring our values
- Treating others fairly and with respect
- Keeping commitments
- Seeking to understand before being understood, and to learn from others
- Demonstrating humility and empathy
- Being of service to others
- Expressing concern for others