Our Vision, Mission, & Core Values
In Brazil, Synergos Senior Fellow Beatriz Azeredo’s organization, Instituto Desiderata, supports programs to benefit children and families in poor communities (Instituto Desiderata photo)
Synergos wants to help create a world that is just, peaceful and sustainable, where people everywhere are empowered, aware of their common humanity and able to realize their full potential.
Synergos helps solve the complex problems of poverty and inequality by promoting and supporting collaborations among business, government, civil society, and marginalized communities.
We create the conditions for these partnerships to be successful by building trust, designing and implementing change processes, enhancing the effectiveness of bridging leaders and institutions, and sharing our knowledge and experience.
Our Core Values
- Equity and social justice - recognizing and respecting the rights of everyone, promoting fairness
- Collaboration- honoring everyone’s wisdom and the benefits of diverse perspectives, being humble and open-minded
- Compassion - showing empathy, being nurturing and open-hearted
- Responsibility - using resources to achieve the greatest impact, being transparent and honoring commitments
- Integrity - acting consistently in an ethical way, being trustworthy