Position Announcement: Global Philanthropists Circle Intern Spring (Undergraduate or Graduate)
Synergos Global Philanthropists Circle (GPC) is a community of highly engaged philanthropists and social investors from around the world. Our members share Synergos’ commitment to create a more just, equitable, peaceful, and regenerative world. We join a global movement working to solve big challenges by bridging divides. The GPC provides opportunities for members to advance their own philanthropic projects by drawing on the advice, experience, relationships, and collaboration of other members. Synergos also provides services in strategic planning and other topics to specific members and their families.
The program seeks an intern with a time commitment of 15-20 hours per week. Interns are welcome to participate broadly in Synergos activities and GPC events in New York City, including all-staff meetings, staff presentations and members meetings with external guests.
To provide integral support to the Global Philanthropists Circle by:
- Conducting research on prospective GPC members. Gather information about philanthropists from different countries, in order to assess their appropriateness for GPC membership. This will include compiling research from a variety of sources, discussing findings with GPC staff, and inputting research in the membership database.
- Assisting with the administration of member events and trips.
- Collecting and entering data for the membership database.
- Creating content for social media channels and other communications materials
- College student interested in international affairs, philanthropy, public policy, poverty alleviation, social justice, nonprofit management, or related fields.
- Committed to Synergos’ mission and values.
- Strong research, organization and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Independent, proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English; other languages are helpful to research prospects from specific countries, but not required.
- Experienced in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Outstanding social media skills; experience with social media analytics tools preferred, but not required.
Terms of Internship
- This internship is based in New York City and is open to students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- For qualified candidates we offer a unique learning experience with a global team, relaxed and professional work environment and flexible hours.
- Times are flexible but a commitment of at least 5 months is expected. Longer periods are possible. Please note that this internship is unpaid, but reimbursement for public transportation costs will be provided.
Please send a cover letter and resume with a subject line “Application GPC Intern” to Grace Cushman at email@example.com.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis with a final deadline of 10 December 2019.
The Synergos Institute is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to the development of sustainable systems changes that impact global poverty. Working with partners, Synergos helps leaders, institutions and partnerships work more effectively to reduce poverty and increase equity around the world. During its 25-year history, Synergos has built and supported networks of change makers and supported innovative global partnerships in more than 30 countries and regions. To promote and support these systems-changing collaborations, Synergos’s networks help leaders and leading institutions learn from each other and access the ideas, people and resources that can help them make a greater impact in addressing issues of poverty, equity and social justice.