Senior Manager, Development
Senior Manager, Development
Senior Manager, 4, Exempt
- Donor outreach & grant writing
- Grants management & compliance
- Fundraising tracking & reporting
Donor outreach & grant writing
- Identify and cultivate donors, in collaboration with business development team.
- Develop proposal packages for general operating support from individuals and foundations.
- Support Synergos Consulting Services in client acquisition by working on concept papers, proposal letters, impact reports, budgets and other required materials.
- Support Synergos program team with donor prospecting, development of concept papers, impact reports and proposal packages for program funding from private and government sources.
- Support Synergos Global Philanthropists Circle team with proposal development for philanthropy grants.
- Manage relationships with donors as assigned.
- Oversee support staff for fundraising events.
Grants Management & Compliance
- Responsible for overall grant reporting including structure of grant payments, regulatory compliance, and sharing of grant information with program, finance, and other relevant departments.
- Partner with relevant HQ and field office programs and support staff in managing organizational grants and budgets, including submission of final documents to donors with specific responsibility for financial reporting.
- Responsible for monitoring grant compliance, including but not limited to grant "kick off" and "close out" activities.
- Review draft contracts to ensure compliance with donor regulations, guidelines and Synergos’ policies and procedures.
- Monitor timelines for grant/contract requirements and deliverables.
- Research and interpret donor regulations and provide recommendations related to operational issues and/or sub-recipient inquiries.
- Work in close collaboration with program and finance staff to follow-up on budget revisions and extension requests.
- Prepare and draft contracts, grants, sub-awards and other agreements.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Synergos strategic plan, initiatives, and programs.
- Stay informed of current issues and trends in international development sector and philanthropy.
Fundraising tracking & reporting
- Maintain grants tracking, monitoring, and update key information such as spending rates regularly.
- Oversee donor database inputting and reporting.
- Track pledges and income received and report regularly to executive team on progress.
- Work with finance to support audit and financial reporting for government contracts and sub-awards.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in a field related to international development, business, or economics a plus.
- Minimum of five years of progressive work experience in fundraising and development, negotiating, awarding, and administering grants and contracts.
- At least 4-5 years of grant writing experience required.
- Excellent ability in writing and proposal development with proven ability to develop high-level, compelling proposals with a theory of change lens.
- Ability to quickly synthesize complex ideas and align with funder requirements and priorities.
- Detail oriented with strong project management skills in planning, prioritizing, and coordinating multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible and open to changing needs and priorities.
- Experience in developing budgets and quantitative data analysis.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Strong collaboration skills, and comfortable working with stakeholders across sectors and from diverse groups of people in different departments, functions and cultures.
- Outstanding organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) donor relations database system.
- A passion for Synergos values and mission.
Why You Should Work at Synergos
- We’re a values-oriented organization helping create a better world.
- We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- You’ll work with diverse, collegial staff and innovative members of our networks around the world.
- You’ll have opportunities to advance your fundraising and development skills through a range of different fundraising activities (events, individuals, institutions, etc.).
Please submit a cover letter highlighting your major achievements relevant to this position, your resume, and a writing sample to email@example.com.
Applications without a cover letter and sample proposal submission will not be reviewed.
No phone calls please.