Senior HR Expert, Ethiopia
Senior HR Expert, Ethiopia
Synergos is a global organization helping solve complex issues around the world by advancing bridging leadership, which builds trust and collective action. We believe in the power of building trust. It’s how we create regenerative solutions around the world.
We’ve worked in Ethiopia since 2011 with partners at the national and regional levels, increasing individual and institutional capacity for collaboration, innovation, and service delivery. We help them strengthen their partnerships, collaboratively identify systemic bottlenecks, and jointly develop solutions that promote food security and improve the lives and livelihoods of small-scale farmers. We use bridging leadership, which focuses on bridging different perspectives and opinions to create and sustain effective working relationships among key partners and stakeholders.
We’re looking for a Senior HR Expert to join our team in our efforts to strengthen the Institutional Capacity Building Program for the Ministry of Agriculture.
Purpose of the Job
The Senior HR Expert will be responsible for capacitating the HR Senior Director of the MoA to provide the full range of value-added HR services according to the scope and objective of the Institutional Capacity Building Program for the Ministry of Agriculture. The HR Senior Expert will be instrumental in assisting the MoA HR Director in the transformation effort of the Directorate. He / She will be supported by the Project Manager.
Key Result Areas
- Knowledge of employee policies, regulation and laws
- Ensure smooth and transparent relationship with HR Directorate of MoA
- Ensure a healthy transition of the HR Directorate of MoA
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Continuously engagement with MoA HR Director to sustain the institutional learning effort
- Organize meetings with MoA HR Director to increase level of commitment and transparent execution of project tasks
- Contribute to effective communication and feedback within and among all project stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and implementation of effective HR policies and practices that supports the overall objectives of the project
- Develop and facilitate trainings for MoA HR Director and relevant MoA staff on introduction of new HR templates and working documents
- Assist the project manager to ensure that project tasks are delivered on schedule and within scope
- Assist the project manager in detecting project stakeholder risk and issues and in developing resolution and mitigation for the project risks and gaps
- Assist the project manager in creating communication, including status reporting and risk management
Qualification and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Direct experience in human resource management compliant to Ethiopian laws.
- Excellent written, verbal and computer communications skills.
- Masters Degree or BA in Management, Business Administration, Social Science, or related field with ten (10) years of experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume with a subject line “Senior HR Expert, Ethiopia” to email@example.com .