Senior Associate, Advisory
Senior Associate, Advisory
We seek an entrepreneurial, open-minded and collaborative Senior Associate who will join our growing global Advisory Group to do meaningful work that creates lasting impact to our various range of clients. We are looking for someone who has a broad range of skills who can work in a fast-paced and diverse setting who will support the team to deliver quality projects with maximum impact.
Synergos is a global non-profit organization that helps solve complex issues around the world by advancing bridging leadership – an approach for trust building and collective action.
Within Synergos, the Advisory practice is a social impact consultancy. We work across diverse - and sometimes divergent- facets of society such as philanthropy, civil society, government and private sector. We transform how people across sectors come together, balance power dynamics and bridge divides to solve the world’s most pressing problems.
We believe communities should have the voice and agency to drive social change. We help our clients listen to community voices and become effective in doing their part for social change. We deliver actionable strategies that help clients better collaborate with others for deeper and longer lasting impact.
New York City
- Support engagement teams in producing top quality deliverables for client engagements.
- Collaborate across engagement teams in an agile manner with hybrid teams consisting of Synergos staff, independent consultants, advisors, and various other types of contributors.
- Perform research and analysis required to complete client assignments.
- Translate research and analysis into clear and effective output documents for clients.
- Build trusting relationships with clients to anticipate and meet evolving needs.
- Support the team in developing new business for Synergos Advisory through client outreach, proposal development, and new product development.
- Develop and operate tools, methods, processes to undergird service delivery.
- Support overall Synergos Advisory practice development, including planning, budgeting, contracting, invoicing, financial tracking and management.
- This position presents opportunities to gain skills in:
- Bridging Leadership – a Synergos approach for trust building and collective action that helps diverse stakeholders build trust and collaborate across divides to co-create more effective interventions and longer lasting impact.
- Economic development frameworks such as systems thinking, participatory approach, collective action, coalition building
- Working within critical development topics such as financial inclusion, education, agriculture and health
- Developing meaningful deliverables for clients
- Generalist skills in data collection, synthesis, structure and communication
- Performing research, analysis and writing
- Interacting with top-caliber colleagues, clients and Synergos networks around the world
- Supporting an advisory practice within a nonprofit
- Minimum 4 years work experience, preferably in a formal consulting firm or NGO or philanthropy organization
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, international development, economics or related field preferred
- Commitment to social justice, overcoming poverty, addressing inequality, advancing sustainability, or another important societal issue
- Skilled in research, analysis and writing
- Deft in PowerPoint, Excel, MS Office and Google collaboration tools
- High capacity professional who can simultaneously work on multiple tasks and project and set priorities for a challenging workload.
- Flexible individual with the ability to juggle priorities, and work with a diverse group of people across projects
- Mature individual with the ability to model Synergos’ values including empathy, humility, integrity, collaboration and personal reflection
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, taking ideas from concept through implementation, with no-task-too-small-or-too-big mentality
- Great listener
- Exceptional writer and verbal communicator
- Fluency in a second language desired
- Position may require domestic and international travel.
Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are being considered on a rolling basis with a deadline of Jan 31, 2020.
Please note: Synergos is not able to sponsor visas at this time. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship in order to be considered.