Philanthropy Partner, Europe
Philanthropy Partner, Europe
Synergos is a global nonprofit organization solving complex issues around the world by advancing bridging leadership, a style of leadership which builds trust and collective action. Our experience over the last 35 years tells us that collaboration releases more and better solutions than working alone.
Bridging leadership represents a paradigm shift in leadership: a movement away from hierarchy, control, and fear toward more inclusive forms of problem-solving; from a world in which power is monopolized to one in which power is shared, enabling more effective interventions and longer-lasting impact. With changes wrought by the pandemic, social justice movements and distrust of authority, we believe now is the time when our model can bring about sustained change.
Together with partners in more than 30 countries, Synergos focuses on transforming how people across sectors and divides come together, develop deeper understanding, create shared vision, and take collective action to solve deeply entrenched societal problems. Our model can be applied to many areas of social change and especially with networks of philanthropists and civil society leaders.
Purpose of the Role
The Global Philanthropists Circle (GPC) was founded in 2001 by Synergos Founder Peggy Dulany and her late father David Rockefeller Senior as a global network for leading philanthropic individuals and families to collaborate with and learn from their peers. GPC members share Synergos’ commitment to create a more just, equitable, peaceful and regenerative world, as outlined in our Community Agreement. Leading with inner work, we nurture a deep trust among our members and cultivate a brave space to share challenges and shift perspectives as the role of philanthropy continues to transform.
Synergos seeks a Philanthropy Partner, Europe to provide leadership with key relationship management, cultivation with responsibility of securing new philanthropy members, along with program delivery for our European Global Philanthropists Circle network. This position is a consultant role based in London, reporting directly to the Managing Director, Philanthropy. They will be responsible for building relationships and delivering highly relevant and engaged member experiences working with our GPC members and key stakeholders on member activities and initiatives, including but not limited to digital and in-person events, workshops and other major program deliverables in Europe.
As part of a global matrix team, they will contribute to the success of the Philanthropy team as we launch our new organizational strategy and gain valuable experience engaging with our growing members. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who can work independently and collaborate readily as part of a diverse team, a critical thinker, and someone who performs well in a fast-paced work environment.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable with ambiguity, can pivot, work in an agile way and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail and an overall commitment to excellence. The position requires an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to recognize opportunities to further the organization’s mission.
This position will be fully remote and will require travel within the region. Preferred location for this role is London UK.
Core Job Responsibilities
As Philanthropy Partner, Europe, you will work in collaboration with the GPC team to drive membership and strengthen network-building initiatives for current and prospective members in the following ways:
Relationship Management and Member Cultivation
- Work closely with GPC members and other stakeholders on associated activities including digital and in-person meetings, trips, workshops, events, and other engagement opportunities with a specific focus on Europe
- Serve as primary relationship manager for GPC member families, Europe-based board and donors
- Provide relationship management support for GPC members to connect them with ideas, opportunities, partners and other resources
- With team support, engage and recruit philanthropists and social investors
- Develop and execute yearly engagement plans for each family designed to support their learning, collaboration, connectivity, and overall growth as givers and social innovators
Program Delivery and Facilitation
- Work closely with Synergos colleagues on programs that advance the Synergos mission and build the GPC platform and community
- Collaborate with the global team, implement, and facilitate relevant digital and in-person programs for members, with a specific focus on EU
- Build visibility for Synergos and the GPC, representing the network at external philanthropy meetings and cultivating relationships in the space
- Recommend changes to improve systems and procedures when identified
- Stay informed about current philanthropic and social change best-practices and trends
- Support and contribute to activities throughout the organization to support the implementation of GPC and organizational strategy on bridging leadership
- At least six years of progressive experience, preferably in philanthropy or related social impact work particularly in the European region
- Strong experience in developing in-depth relationship cultivation and management working with high-net worth individuals
- Experience in the field of philanthropy, with a strong understanding and perspective on current opportunities and challenges in the field
- Demonstrated experience facilitating programs and/or workshops with diverse stakeholders
- Strong ability to collaborate, partner and work with various stakeholders from varied backgrounds
- Comfort working in a global organization with remote team members
- Responsive in communication, quick to action and entrepreneurial meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Attentive to detail and unafraid to take on all tasks, big and small
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion values and practices
- Self-driven and accountable
- Experience with CRM and project management tools and systems with openness to learn and/or use new and multiple technology platforms (such as MS Teams, Monday.com)
- Fluency in any European language desired
International travel required
Annual fee for this position is GBP 60,000-70,000
Why You Should Work at Synergos
- We’re driven by purpose. We’re a values-driven organization that’s laser-focused on improving lives around the world by building trust.
- We value you. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- We’re a dynamic community. You’ll work with diverse, dedicated, compassionate staff and innovative global networks of trust-builders.
Synergos is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex (including gender identity, nonconformity, presentation or expression), sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable national, state, or local laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
We value the safety of each staff member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In our New York office, We require our staff members and key consultants to be vaccinated when reporting onsite if needed, unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.