Position Announcement: Synergos Consulting Services Intern
Duration: 3-4 months – Part-time or full-time
Location: New York City, Manhattan (3 East 54th street).
Conditions: Unpaid internship. A transportation stipend will be provided to cover the cost of coming to the office on a daily basis.
Job description and responsibilities
The intern will be responsible for supporting the Consulting Services team in its four main areas of work:
- Contributing to delivering consulting engagements for clients (depending on adequacy between internship and contracts’ timing)
- Supporting our client prospection work and the development of our engagements’ pipeline: Conducting research on companies, benchmarking their social impact strategy, identifying their program development needs, supporting the writing of proposals based on first interactions with prospects, internal research and strategic brainstorming phase.
- Assisting in developing the Consulting Services unit’s infrastructure: developing marketing materials, website, knowledge management and prospecting processes
- Contributing to the development of knowledge and thought – leadership activities in the sector (writing content for conferences, articles, panel discussions)
Depending on their interests and background, consulting interns may obtain skills and experience in:
- Gaining an overview of trends in corporate social responsibility
- Structuring a presentation for clients
- Framing letters and proposals to clients
- Performing research, market analysis and financial analysis
- Managing a short-term project
- Managing a client relationship
- Developing communication materials
- Building a media (website, blog) strategy
- Overall skills around synthesis, rigor and structure
The Intern qualifications
We welcome applications at both the analyst and associate level. We look for candidates with demonstrated passion for international development, high academic achievement, analytical skills and strong team working skills.
At the Associate level we look for graduate students (MBA or policy/international affairs students) with a minimum of two years’ work experience in consulting, private sector, or international development. A longer work experience and a combination of work experience in both the private and public sectors would be a significant plus. We would also welcome an intern with a previous experience in communication (web, magazine, newspaper).
Contact: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Synergos Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer