Position Announcement: Communications Intern - Fall 2018
The Communications team at Synergos is part of the Development & Communications Department, and supports the organization’s fundraising, outreach and programmatic goals.
Intership Description and Responsibilities
The Communications department seeks an intern with interests in the following tasks:
- writing/editing/proofreading communications materials
- updating Synergos website, social networks, and social media outlets
- research and reporting about people and organizations
- research on possible new strategies or practices for Synergos
- organizing, data entry and cleanup of our contacts database and mailing lists
- outreach to other organizations and publishers, including about our website and publications
- helping organize special events at Synergos and other locations.
Depending on their interests and background, communication interns may obtain skills and experience in:
- writing for outreach, fundraising, and business communications
- document design
- website management and design
- social media and email outreach
- event management
- donor and prospect research
- issues in international development and philanthropy.
- Interest in international development, philanthropy, or social justice
- A general interest in marketing and communications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and database software, or the ability to learn quickly
- Internet and other researching skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Advanced skills such as in journalism, graphic design, social media, web design and management are a plus.
Length of Internship and Application Deadlines
A time commitment of 15 to 20 hours per week is preferred for at least three months in time periods aligned with typical school semesters as follows.
Please note that this internship is unpaid, but reimbursement for public transportation costs will be provided.
Please send a cover letter and resume to John Tomlinson at email@example.com