Associate, Philanthropy (Prague)
Associate, Philanthropy (Prague)
Synergos is seeking an Associate, Philanthropy to perform a range of critical administrative and programmatic support functions for Synergos’ Philanthropy Program, including its flagship Global Philanthropists Circle network. The ideal candidate is a collaborative, proactive individual with excellent project management skills and a strong capacity for supporting mulitiple team members across a wide range of projects and geographies.
This position is bassed in Prague, Czech Republic.
Synergos is a global organization helping solve complex issues around the world by advancing bridging leadership, which builds trust and collective action. We believe in the power of building trust. It’s how we help people and organizations work together to achieve lasting change on issues that matter to them. Over the course of more than 30 years, Synergos has supported innovative initiatives in more than 30 countries and regions. We have staff and representatives in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Latin America, and the United States.
- Lead administrative support functions for the successful planning and execution of events and trips in Europe, MENA and Africa, as well as in other regions as required. Tasks include drafting and coordinating marketing materials and invitations; managing all logistics, such as participant registration, venue contacts, lodging, meal planning and travel arrangements; and preparing pre- and post-event materials
- Provide event, administrative, and research support for GPC affinity groups, in particular the Refugee/Migration and Spiritual Civilization groups
- Processing invoices and other payments related to events
- Provide support for special projects that advance the impact of GPC members philanthropic projects
- Assist with intern management
- Maintain database information regarding current and prospective members of the GPC including: bios, contact information, dues status, and interactions with Synergos team.
- Oversee GPC prospect research process and ensure information is updated in the database
- Manage and maintain the integrity of information in CRM database
- Review record keeping systems and recommend improvements
Business Development and Grants Management
- Take on a leadership role in updating and managing the global system of prospective members of the Global Philanthropists Circle (GPC)
- Conduct GPC prospect research and ensure information is updated in the database
- Provide support to grant reporting, both financial and narrative, for the Spiritual Civilization affinity group and other grants, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Preferred 1 to 2 years’ work experience in the non-profit or private sector;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office software products, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Prior experience with the organization of events and trips
- Strong working knowledge and experience with customer relationship management (CRM) systems (donor database program)
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently, be flexible, resourceful and can take initiative.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Detail oriented, with outstanding organizational skills
- Commitment to high ethical standards and data confidentiality
- A passion for the Synergos mission and values
Why You Should Work at Synergos
- We’re a values-oriented organization helping create a better world
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits
- You’ll work with diverse, collegial staff and innovative members of our networks around the world
- Opportunities for travel
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please.