Development Intern - Fall 2016
To provide integral support of the development office by researching potential and current donors, including corporations, foundations and individuals. The research would be very project oriented and the intern would need to make use of extensive online resources. There is also the chance to provide logistical research for events, venues, event participation and biographies, and other related topics. The possibility to provide database support and maintenance is also available, if interested, as well as sitting in on related calls. Must be able to tackle tasks with minimal supervision. Assist with related duties as assigned. Excellent opportunity to be immersed in a dynamic nonprofit environment and hone research skills while learning about development.
- Depending on their interests and background, Development interns may obtain skills and experience in:
- writing for outreach, fundraising, and business communications
- document design
- event management
- donor and prospect research
- Data entry and database management
- issues in international development and philanthropy
- Writing/editing/proofreading communications materials
- Updating Synergos website, social networks, and social media outlets
- Research and reporting about people and organizations
- Research on possible new strategies or practices for Synergos
- Organizing, data entry and cleanup of our contacts database and mailing lists
- Outreach to other organizations and publishers, including about our website and publications
- Organizing special events at Synergos and other locations.
- Undergraduate or Graduate-level student studying international affairs, public policy, non-profit management or related field
- Superior research skills
- Outstanding ability to categorize, organize, and present research
- Fluency in English
- Interest and commitment to international development, poverty alleviation, or nonprofit management
- Experience working in a developing country or with a foundation a plus.
Full semester; Approx. 15 hours per week.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org