Case Studies: Examples from Around the World
Below are a few examples of bridging leaders from around the world. These examples can be applied to the development of teaching and training materials useful for transferring knowledge and skills.
Introduction | Latin America | Southeast Asia | Southern Africa | North America
Introduction to the Case Studies
- Philippines ~ From Local Needs to National Movement: The Case of Tessie Fernandez
Examines bridging leadership among business, civil society, NGOs, and government sectors.
- Philippines ~ Ambassador Howard Dee: Building Bridges for the Lumads
Examines bridging leadership among academia, business, civil society, media, NGOs, national government, and religious sectors.
- Philippines ~ Fr. Eliseo "Jun" Mercado
Examines bridging leadership among religious, civil society, academia, local government, media, NGOs, and business sectors.
- Philippines ~ Parawagan: Bridging Leadership in Local Communities
Examines bridging leadership among local government, business, civil society, and NGOs.
- Thailand ~ Khun Paiboon: Opening Channels for Participation
Examines bridging leadership among NGOs, academia, civil society, business, and national government.
- Thailand ~ Professor Saneh Chimarik: Leadership through Teaching
Examines bridging leadership among civil society, academia, NGOs, and national government.
- Lesotho ~ Leading the Way from Poverty to Prosperity: The Value of Mediation
Examines bridging leadership among business, civil society, and regional government sectors.
- KwaZulu/Natal ~ In Search of Peace and Development in Kwazulu/Natal: Chief Khanyile
Examines bridging leadership among tribal council, provincial and local governments, business, civil society, NGOs, religious, and political parties.
- KwaZulu/Natal ~ Building Bridging through Dialogue: The Case of Chief Zibuse Mlaba
Examines bridging leadership among business, civil society, intergeneration, government, and different communities.