Synergos Staff & Representatives
John Tomlinson is Director, Communications at Synergos, a global nonprofit organization that brings people together to solve complex problems of poverty and create opportunities for individuals and their communities to thrive. He leads planning, production, and distribution of information about Synergos. He also works with Synergos’ programmatic and information technology teams to collect and share knowledge created through the organization’s work.
- More from John Tomlinson
- Using collective learning to build the trust and alignment needed to solve complex development problems (2016)
- Encouraging Reuse of Nonprofits’ Information (2012)
- Globalization, Information Infrastructure, and Equity (2011)
- Emerging Nature of Civil Society in Latin America and the Caribbean (1997)
- Building Sustainable Financing for Civil Society: Official Development Assistance and Foundation-Like Organisations in Southern Countries (1997)
- Importance of Participatory Approaches for Dry Land Management and Anti-desertification Programs (1993)
Prior to focusing on communications, JT helped administer several Synergos programs, including supporting the creation of grantmaking foundations in Africa and Latin America and managing a program of exchanges between nonprofit groups in the United States and developing countries. He also coordinated policy research and outreach on collaborative approaches to development and on cooperation between foundations and foreign aid agencies. He joined the staff of Synergos in 1991.
JT has an MS in library and information science from the Pratt Institute, an MA in international relations from Yale University, and a BA in East Asian studies from Harvard College.